The Food Assistance Program helps Ohio families and individuals supplement their income to purchase nutritious food.  Food Assistance benefits are issued by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and managed by County Department of Job and Family Service agencies.  The Federal name for food assistance is SNAP – Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.   


Food Assistance benefits for eligible recipients are issued on an Ohio Direction Card (debit card).  The benefits are available for use on the same day each month,  according to the county issuance schedule in the county where you reside.  The Ohio Direction Card can be used at all stores that display the Ohio Direction Card logo. 


The Ohio Direction Card has a toll free number for Customer Service (1-866-386-3071). 


Eligibility is determined by your County Department of Job and Family Services and is based on Federal guidelines.





Click here for the Application for Cash, Food and Medical Assistance (JFS 7200)

U. S. Department of Agriculture Food Assistance Non-Discrimination In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027) found online at and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by one of the following methods: Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; Fax: (202) 690-7442; or Email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider. For any other information dealing with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) issues, persons should either contact the USDA SNAP Hotline Number at (800) 221-5689, which is also in Spanish or call the State Information/Hotline Numbers (click the link for a listing of hotline numbers by State); found online at: To file a complaint of discrimination regarding a program receiving Federal financial assistance through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), write: HHS Director, Office for Civil Rights, Room 515-F, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201 or call (202) 619-0403 (voice) or (800) 537-7697 (TTY). This institution is an equal opportunity provider.